Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Finding the length of a string, part of PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
Postgres has a lot of string related functions and you can find a complete…exhaustive listing in reference here on the Postgres web site in the Reference…Manual for string functions.…These are the major ones and then there is a longer list of other ones available…and there is an even longer list of types of conversions that you can do,…character set conversions and that can be really, really convenient.…Especially, if you're migrating data from another system, I found that very…convenient when I migrated data from my SQL to Postgres recently.…
We are going to do something a little bit different in this movie, in that I'm…not going to be using SID,…I am going to be using pgAdmin III.…And the reason for this is I want to work with some characters that are not…8-bits and PHP is just not very good at that and SID is not designed to handle that.…It takes all the input and it escapes it and turns it into HTML entities.…So we're just going to go ahead and use the Query Builder here in pgAdmin to…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.