Join Bill Weinman for an in-depth discussion in this video Displaying the testimonials using PHP, part of PostgreSQL 9 with PHP Essential Training.
In the previous movie we looked at the code for managing the database for…testimonials application.…In this movie we are going to look at the code for displaying the testimonials.…Here you see them on the page here and when I reload, you see we get a different…set of random quotes.…Of course, these will be actual testimonials, in the real application,…we just got to fill it with some random quotes here.…And so in this movie we are going to look at the code that actually does that.…We'll take a given number of quotes out of the database and display them at random…every time it's reloading.…
So looking in our testimonial's folder from the Exercise Files you will see…a PHP file here called testimonials.php and we are going to open that in our editor.…This one is really very simple.…It's only 92 lines long.…At the top here we have our constants for connecting the database.…You will notice that there is an init function where we actually do connect to…the database and that should all be very familiar at this point.…
- Installing PostgreSQL
- Understanding database architecture
- Inserting, updating, and deleting data in a table
- Creating a database library
- Indexing ID fields
- Storing numbers, text, and Boolean values
- Reading data
- Using casts to force type
- Using mathematical functions
- Concatenating strings
- Working with date and time functions and operators
- Defining CRUD
- Using PHP to insert, read, update, and delete rows in a database
Skill Level Beginner
1. Quick Start
2. Creating a Database
3. Data Types
4. Storing and Reading Data
5. SQL Expressions
6. Mathematical Functions and Operators
Using math functions3m 2s
7. String Functions and Operators
8. Date and Time Functions and Operators
9. PHP Interfaces
10. Web Applications
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.