From lighting to posing, learn simple techniques for creating great portraits.
- Portraiture is the most important kind of photography. In 100 years, the worst photo of the most obscure person has great value to his descendants and to history. Now just imagine how much impact a good photo can have, not to mention how useful a good portrait is for your peers right now. My name is Levi Sim and this course will show you simple ways to make great portraits. Making a portrait requires two things, a person to photograph, and great light to photograph them in. This course starts with finding and making that great light.
I'll show you the best places to find excellent portrait lighting and I'll show you what tools us can use to enhance that light. You'll learn what choices to make about positioning yourself and your subject for the best light, and the most impactful backgrounds. I'll also show you how to set your camera and choose a lens. We'll wrap it all up with principles for helping people feel natural, look great, and maximize the light. So let's get started making great portraits.
- Finding a good spot to make a portrait
- Making great light for a portrait in practically any situation
- What camera settings to use for portraits
- What accessories make portraiture better
- How to talk to help people feel comfortable in a portrait