Portraiture is the most important kind of photography. This course, author Levi Sim will show you simple ways to make great portraits. You’ll learn how to find and make great light with simple tools, and you’ll learn the easiest methods for helping people look their best without being terribly uncomfortable.
- Photographing people is fun,…and the pictures you make will be valued for generations.…I've shown you how to find terrific light,…and I've shown you how to use inexpensive reflectors…to shape light and shadow to create mood…and flatter people's form.…I've also shown you how to use a flash…to add light and make good light…no matter what the available light looks like.…You'll find even more resources here in the library.…You can learn more about using speed lights,…making dramatic portraits.…You can even learn posing techniques.…
I'm glad you joined me to learn the basics of portraiture.…And I hope I've shown you that making a great portrait…doesn't require exotic tools or locations.…You're ready to start practicing.…I know in the beginning I was frustrated…that my pictures didn't look like the pros' pictures.…I've shown you lots of things to practice.…So I'd recommend that you go out and shoot,…then come back and review this course,…and then go out and shoot again.…As you practice, you'll see a marked improvement,…
- Finding a good spot to make a portrait
- Making great light for a portrait in practically any situation
- What camera settings to use for portraits
- What accessories make portraiture better
- How to talk to help people feel comfortable in a portrait