- Creating the ReCap and VirtuSurv files
- Modifying display settings in AutoCAD
- Customization settings in PointSense
- Using sectioning tools
- Using the Scan Navigation feature
- Digitizing and drawing tools
- Changing the display settings in VirtuSurv
Skill Level Beginner
- [Irene] Hello and welcome to the PointSense Basic for AutoCAD training. Laser scanning is fast becoming the tool of choice for capturing as built conditions in our job sites. The technology brings the site conditions directly into our desktop environment allowing us to use CAD software to model on top of the point cloud. In this course, we'll learn the feature of PointSense Basic. I'll start by showing you how to bring registered scans into virtue serve and AutoCAD. Then I'll show you how to use PointSense to work more efficiently with the Point Cloud data and navigate through the points inside your AutoCAD application.
Lastly, we'll learn how to use some of the virtue serve macros to help create 3D shapes and line works in the point cloud. You'll learn lots of tip and tricks along the way. So, let's get started.