Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Wrap-up, part of After Effects Breakdowns - N-Trig Commercial.
- [Voiceover] Thanks for following along…and viewing my course.…In this course, we've witnessed some of the stages…behind the scenes of the entry digital pen commercial.…This was the first part of this ride,…and we didn't get a chance to explore the other three stages…of transition from digital world to the screen…and then from screen to the digital pen,…and back to the real world.…However, I hope it was enough to get you started…and ignite your brain with some new and fresh ideas.…
When reflecting on these kinds of projects,…the final solution almost seems too obvious,…but in real life it's sometimes quite hard…to reach the right decisions.…The question I ask myself is whether someone like you…for example, which is in the beginning of a project,…will know better on how to move forward…after watching this breakdown.…To be honest, I don't have an answer yet,…but I'm sure that after watching this course,…you will have a better understanding of how to structure…a complex work like this commercial.…
Just to sum it up, I'll remind you that the most important…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins