Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Presenting to the client, part of After Effects Breakdowns: N-Trig Commercial.
- [Voiceover] After the main concept…of a 3D ride was in place,…it’s time to refine the design…and create a client presentation.…If all goes well, after this step you should get…a green light from the client to start the production stage.…I want to show you this presentation…and talk about some of the ideas and slides…that we are seeing here.…So, few goals were set at the beginning.…The first and the main one is…what the client has asked in his brief.…
Which is of course to establish…a premium position of the N-trig pen…and primarily target OEMs manufactures.…Some additional goals were set…as an added value for the pen,…such as power, creativity, precision,…and my favorite one, writing as extension of thinking.…There are also some sound direction over here…regarding the soundtrack.…Because as you know,…sound has a huge contribution to the mood of any movie.…
Then we start describing the movie…using those early sketches with simple explanation…of what we are actually seeing.…So, in this first draft…the movie starts with a futuristic tunnel…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins