Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Intro to Particular, part of After Effects Breakdowns - N-Trig Commercial.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] To give more life to the 3D line…over the blueprint paper, we'll use Trapcode Particular.…This is a third party plugin which is used…throughout the project many times on many occasions,…so before showing you the outcome of it…and how it was used, I want to give you a short overview…and introduction to the plugin.…Now, I must declare that this is not the full course…about Particular.…Particular is a very complex and deep plugin…and if you want to learn more about it,…you can check Trapcode Particular Essential Training…with Chad Perkins here at lynda.com…or watch some of the free tutorials…over at redgiant.com.…
What I'm offering over here is just a basic quick overview…so you'll understand the power of this tool…and what can be done with it.…So, in order to demonstrate it,…let's just create a new composition.…We'll stick with this measurement.…It doesn't really matter.…I'm just going to call this one Particular.…And, let's change the background color to black.…Say OK, and click OK once again.…In order to apply the plugin or the effect in this case,…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins