Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video HUDs and Scribble additions, part of After Effects Breakdowns - N-Trig Commercial.
- [Voiceover] The last elements in this composition…are some heads-up display circles…plus scribbly animations of mathematical formulas…that hint us that this is indeed a cutting-edge product.…Those are all based on multi-layered Photoshop…and Illustrator documents that were animated inside…After Effects and placed as cards in 3D space.…All of them are conforming to the existing…color movie that was generated in 3D.…Let me show you a few of these elements…so you see how much work was invested…even in those tiny little details,…so we are still inside the digital pre-comp that has…all those layers, and this time, we are going to concentrate…on those element layers,…the ones that has the blue label,…and also on the Scribbles comp,…but before we're going to enter into this Scribbles comp,…I just want to show you that there is another instance…of Particular, this time it is pre-composed…and visibility is turned off.…
I'm going to turn on the visibility,…you will see that we have those tiny dots,…almost like fairy dust across the whole screen,…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins