Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Fancy particles transition, part of After Effects Breakdowns - N-Trig Commercial.
- [Voiceover] Let's continue to explore the technical…and practical aspects of the N-Trig commercial…for Digital Pen made by Studio Stuff from Tel Aviv.…This commercial was set as a CG ride,…which involved 3D and 2D elements,…working together to create a bigger than life experience…which should help to sell the unique qualities of this pen.…In this chapter, we'll review the first part…of the transition from paper to digital,…and first I want to show you…how the part when we are moving from the blueprint design…into the inner part of the pen was made.…
In this move, we are traveling into the paper…and from there we can see those streaks of lights…which are forming the head of the pen shape.…We'll analyze everything that you are seeing here,…but first we'll start with this special…transition composition that helped to smooth out…the first transition into those streaks of lights.…These composition was built entirely using…Trapcode Particular with two solids layers.…
It consists three instances of particle bursts…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins