Join Eran Stern for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating dust layers with Particular, part of After Effects Breakdowns - N-Trig Commercial.
- [Voiceover] Trapcode Particular was used to add some…dirt and dust to the clean 3D render lines…of the animated stroke that was generated inside…the 3D software.…In order to track the movement of this line,…nulls and lights were exported from the 3D software…and then, Particular can use those lines…in order to create those particles.…Since Particular is also a 3D-aware effect,…it can use the same kind of move and everything…will align perfectly together.…
All we need to worry about is to set a few emitter and…particle settings inside the effect,…so, let me show you how this was done.…So, I am still inside this paper pre-comp which is part…of the introduction for the N-Trig commercial.…In the previous movies, we've already seen what happens…in this 3D render line,…this is the outcome from the 3D software,…so this is the line that we are seeing over here,…and of course, the blueprint paper,…this is all the animation done inside After Effects…by animating 2D Photoshop and Illustrator layers.…
Now, when we exported this scene from the 3D software,…
The featured product is the N-trig pen, a digital pen that "draws the line from idea to technology." You will reverse engineer the finished project to understand the practical steps and creative decisions the filmmakers made along the way.
Eran Stern shows how to decode a client brief, present design concepts for signoff, create previsualizations and animatics, and then transition the design to After Effects. Many of the effects, such as dust layers, streaks of light, and geometric lines, are achieved using some of Eran's favorite third-party plugins (Particular, Form, and Plexus). The lessons are full of practical examples for broadcast television as well as online distribution. Along the way, Eran weaves in tips, shortcuts, and professional techniques that will amaze both veteran After Effects users and new motion graphics artists.
- Analyzing a client brief
- Presenting to a client
- Creating animatics
- Integrating 3D renders with After Effects
- Animating lines and particle effects
- Creating an animated paper-to-digital transition
- Modeling a digital pen with third-party plugins