Working in a team environment as you do with Planner, it is always important there is good communication between team members. Planner works in conjunction with Outlook in Office 365 to ensure group members are always up to date. In this video, learn how to access conversations, add comments to tasks, and use Outlook to access conversations specific to a Planner group.
- [Instructor] Updating the progress on a task in a bucket, whether it's assigned to you or not is one way of communicating to the team the status of the project. Of course there are other ways to communicate and communication is key to the success of a project or plan including here in Planner. So in this movie, we're going to look at ways to communicate starting with adding comments to your tasks. You may recall in the previous movie here in the Leaf and Morter User Conference 2018 plan, I went to a task that was not assigned to me and updated the progress here to in progress.
Well, I might want to add some information as to why I did that, so clicking the task itself to open up the details, you'll see down below there is a comments area, and clicking down here is where we type our message. So we can have a little conversation going in amongst ourselves on this task. I'm just going to type in because it's assigned to two people, hi folks. I updated this to in progress after we spoke earlier, and you let me know this task was under way.
When I click Send, I'm actually sending the message, and you can see it's tracked down below as part of the task, but what's happening is, remember, that planner is integrated with Outlook. Integrates well and conversations are happening now in Outlook for the team. So if I close this up, and if I was to switch to Outlook, I would see it happening over there as well, but before we do, there is another way to start a conversation. Now without going to a specific task, I can start talking to team members by going up to the ellipsis here, and from the drop down menu, you can see right at the top is Conversation.
Clicking this is going to launch Outlook where I can have a conversation with my team. So you can see Outlook launches, but I'm taken right to the group L&M User Conference 2018. Looks like there's something already started here. Hi folks, I updated this to in progress after we spoke. So you can see the conversation's already under way. There's the initial message welcoming people to this particular plan when they were added, and the conversation can begin. So, people can be looking at this in the group that's created.
Replying to everybody, starting the conversation that way. So if I wanted to, I could create a new message that's part of the conversation. I can reply to all if I'm looking at. Even my own here, you can see my message, I can reply to all if I want to add something. Please let me know when this task is completed or mark it as such in Planner yourselves.
There we go. When I click Send, you can see it just becomes part of the conversation. If we switch back to Planner now, and we go to that particular task and open it up, scrolling down to the bottom, you can see the conversation is building here as well. So total integration with Outlook and staying on top of tasks and your entire plan is easily done thanks to the ability to have conversations here in Planner, but also in your groups in Outlook.
- Creating a plan
- Adding and assigning tasks
- Sorting tasks into buckets
- Attaching files to tasks
- Flagging tasks with labels
- Updating a task's status
- Viewing progress on a plan
- Using charts to view progress