In this video, learn how to change plan settings to include the ability to have messages sent when task assignments or progress change, and also choose whether or not to have Planner group messages go directly to your Outlook inbox.
- [Instructor] So, what happens if you are involved…in a number of different plans in Planner,…maybe you have many tasks assigned to you…from those different plans,…and you're not quite in the habit of opening up Planner…every day and monitoring your own tasks.…You might want to instead get notifications…sent either to the group in Outlook…where we see our Conversations,…or even directly to your Inbox in Outlook.…These are options that we're going to explore…in this movie, and we're going to do it…with our L&M User Conference 2019 plan.…
If you were following along with me…and created this from scratch, that makes you…the owner of this plan or owner of the group in Outlook.…That's important because only owners…can go into the ellipsis up here at the top…and go to Plan Settings, select that,…and click the checkbox to send email to the group…when a task is either assigned or completed.…Notice only group owners can change this setting.…You won't be able to do it if you've, for example,…joined a group that someone else owns or created.…
- Creating a plan
- Adding and assigning tasks
- Sorting tasks into buckets
- Attaching files to tasks
- Flagging tasks with labels
- Updating a task's status
- Viewing progress on a plan
- Using charts to view progress
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 4s
1. Get Started with Planner
Create a plan from Outlook4m 16s
2. Manage Tasks
3. Team Collaboration
4. Monitor Plan Progress
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.