In this video, learn how to access and modify additional task details, such as assigning start dates, updating status on progress, adding a checklist, adding a description, and tagging the task with color-coded labels.
- [Instructor] From the Board view, here, in a plan,…we have the ability to see the various Buckets,…including tasks and some of the details that go…with those tasks, such as the name, due date,…and team members that have been assigned to a task.…But there are many additional details we can…access by going inside the task.…Let's check it out.…We'll go to the Catering Bucket and click…Book Kitchen Staff for the duration.…Clicking the name will actually get us…into the task details.…
If you're working with your own plan, choose any…one of your own tasks.…Now, all you'll see at the very top,…the team members assigned to this task,…and a button to assign additional team members…if we wanted to.…And then down below, we see the Bucket that it…belongs to, and from here, we can actually move…it to another Bucket.…All you have to do is select the Bucket where you…think it belongs.…This does belong in Catering, so we'll just select…Catering to keep it there.…We can also change the Progress status from Not started,…the default, to other options.…
- Creating a plan
- Adding and assigning tasks
- Sorting tasks into buckets
- Attaching files to tasks
- Flagging tasks with labels
- Updating a task's status
- Viewing progress on a plan
- Using charts to view progress
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 4s
1. Get Started with Planner
Create a plan from Outlook4m 16s
2. Manage Tasks
3. Team Collaboration
4. Monitor Plan Progress
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.