In this video, learn how to assign an existing task to someone who is not necessarily a team member in the plan, for those occasions when you might need some outside help in completing a task.
- [David] On occasion, you may need to get…some outside help with a task.…In other words, you may want to assign a task…to a team member, but you also want to add somebody…who's not part of the team,…and that is possible here in Planner.…That's what we're going to do in this movie.…In our Leaf and Mortar User Conference 2019 plan,…you may have gone to your task list…and assigned people to each and every task,…including a due date.…Let's say we need some help with booking our AV equipment…from our IT people.…
In that case, where I've assigned myself,…I can click the assign to button.…And instead of choosing a team member,…I can start to type in names or email addresses…of other people in my organization.…For example, Mark Tristener in IT would be ideal.…Starting to type in that name,…you can see he shows up unassigned.…Clicking Mark Tristener from the list now adds him…to the assigned list, even though he's not a team member.…Clicking on the background shows me that his icon,…his profile picture, has been added next to mine.…
- Creating a plan
- Adding and assigning tasks
- Sorting tasks into buckets
- Attaching files to tasks
- Flagging tasks with labels
- Updating a task's status
- Viewing progress on a plan
- Using charts to view progress
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 4s
1. Get Started with Planner
Create a plan from Outlook4m 16s
2. Manage Tasks
3. Team Collaboration
4. Monitor Plan Progress
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.