In this video, learn how to assign due dates and team members to tasks using two different methods: one, on the fly as you create the new task, and two, by editing the details of an existing task.
- [Instructor] The task you add to a plan…are less likely to get completed…if you don't assign due dates and assign people…to get those tasks completed.…That's what we're going to do in this movie…with our L&M User Conference 2019 plan.…If you've been following along,…you can be working with one of your own plans as well.…There's a couple of different ways…to assign due dates and to assign people to tasks,…one is to do it on the fly.…For example, if we click in the background…we don't see the blank new task…to be added to our to do buckets,…so clicking the plus sign opens that up.…
Let's add one and assign a due date and a person on the fly.…Let's say we need to book the IT staff,…we can type that in as the name.…And now from here go directly to setting a due date.…Click that link.…A calendar pops open.…I would like to get this done by the end of next week,…So I'm going to choose a date from the calender,…and it now appears as my due date.…I can always go back here, click again,…and change that, maybe give myself a little more time.…
- Creating a plan
- Adding and assigning tasks
- Sorting tasks into buckets
- Attaching files to tasks
- Flagging tasks with labels
- Updating a task's status
- Viewing progress on a plan
- Using charts to view progress
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 4s
1. Get Started with Planner
Create a plan from Outlook4m 16s
2. Manage Tasks
3. Team Collaboration
4. Monitor Plan Progress
Next steps1m 9s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.