Jim delivers an overview of this course on how to use PlanGrid to manage your construction project and ditch the paper blueprints for digital construction drawings that can be accesses by the entire construction project team.
- This course will cover how to use PlanGrid from initial setup and document processing to drawing markups, submittals, and how to use it for communication and collaboration among project team members. To follow along in this course it will really help to have a basic understanding of the construction industry, how it's structured and how information flows. You should also have a basic understanding of how to read construction drawings. We have courses on both of these topics here on the online library so if you think you would benefit from watching those make sure to check them out.
PlanGrid is offered in the software as a service format with several different monthly subscription plans, these means the desktop and mobile apps are free to download but you will need a PlanGrid account to use the program. If you don't have a PlanGrid account and you wanna try out the software while you follow along in this course there's also a trial version that allows you to use a fully functional version of PlanGrid on all of your devices with no limitation on features free for 21 days. More information on PlanGrid accounts and subscriptions is available at the PlanGrid website and there are Windows, Android and iOS apps available in their respective app stores.
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project