Jim describes the PlanGrid apps for Android and iOS and explains that the mobile apps allow PlanGrid users to download their construction project drawings and work off line while staying in sync.
- The PlanGrid Windows app is great for downloading…a project plans and documents to your laptop…or your Windows Tablet,…or when you're in the field,…you're not always gonna have that device with you.…That's when the PlanGrid app…for Android and iOS come in handy,…because we almost always have our phone with us.…Once you're installed the PlanGrid app on your device…just tap on the PlanGrid icon to launch the program.…So, that's the icon here,…I'm gonna tap on that, and it's gonna open PlanGrid app…ask me to either sign up for plan or login.…We'll go ahead an log in using…the email address that we've been using…for sample project account…enter our password…and tap on login.…
That brings us to a screen that shows us our project list…and here's the same three projects…that we've seen throughout this course…in the web app and in the Windows app,…and you'll see at the top of the screen it says…these projects are all…currently stored in the cloud…in order to get them onto my phone,…get them on my device here…I've gotta first open them…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.