Jim describes the PlanGrid Windows app and explains that the Windows app allows PlanGrid users to download their construction project drawings and work offline while staying in sync.
- [Narrator] At the beginning of this course,…I talked about the PlanGrid apps versus the web interface…that we've been using here so far.…Now I wanna pull up the Windows app…and take a look at how that works.…Now I found this by going to the PlanGrid website…and downloading the software…and installing it to my Windows PC.…So I'm gonna go ahead and log in…just like I would to the web app using my email address.…Gonna click next and enter my password,…and then click on sign in.…
Now when I sign in to the Windows app for the first time,…it's gonna pull up my list of projects.…And what I want you to notice is it says…that I have these same three projects…that we've seen in our web interface.…Our Sample Project that was created with the account,…Jim's first project that was created with the account,…and then the Sample LinkedIn Learning Project…that we've been working on.…Now the note here says these are all in the cloud right now,…meaning they're not on my computer yet…because I've never used this Windows app.…
As soon as I click on this, highlight it,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.