Jim continues to describe the process used by PlanGrid during the import process where the PlanGrid system splits the PDF files into separate plan sheets, identifies the sheet number and name, and adds tags to help with navigation later.
- [Instructor] Once the system tells us…that our upload is complete, we're ready to continue on…to the next step.…We simply click on Next…and now the system tells us that it's separating…the project sheets,…so what this means is that the file I just uploaded…is one PDF file that contains 93 plan sheets…and in order to work with these in PlanGrid,…PlanGrid is gonna take that file…and it's gonna split it apart…into separate individual sheets…and that's what's happening now.…This is all happening in the cloud…as opposed on your computer system.…
So, once it's done,…it's gonna return you to a screen…that says it's time to review the sheet numbers.…It says our robot tried to read…your sheet numbers automatically to save you time.…Please scroll down and fix any that aren't correct.…Let's go ahead and get rid of this information box here.…I wanna take a minute to encourage you here…to really take the time during the set up of your project…to get these sheet numbers correct.…It's how you gonna navigate…and it's also what the system is gonna use later…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.