Jim explains that PlanGrid contains many tools and features that have been described in this course and encourages users to explore ways to use PlanGrid to go digital in their construction management processes.
- [Jim] Much of this course centers around…how to use PlanGrid to go digital in construction…and ditch those paper construction drawings and documents.…And I really think this is the future of construction.…There are just so many advantages to using…digital drawings over paper drawings.…If you wanna learn more about…going digital in the construction industry,…be sure to check out my Construction Industry Weekly series…here in the online library…where I discuss digital drawings…and all the benefits of…going digital over paper in construction.…
If you could use some additional instruction…on reading construction documents,…check out my course here in the online library…called Construction Management:…Reading Drawings and Specifications.…If you're using PlanGrid, this course gives you…a great overview of how to use…the tools and features it contains.…But I really encourage you to explore…different ways to use these tools…and continue to learn how to implement them…and apply them to your construction management operations.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.