In this video, Jim shows the PlanGrid app on an iPad and demonstrates how to use the iOS app user interface to navigate, find sheets, and apply markups and view issues and RFIs.
- [Instructor] I'm here on my iPad…where I have the PlanGrid app for iOS installed.…And I'm gonna tap on the PlanGrid icon…and go ahead and open up PlanGrid.…I've already logged in,…so it's going straight to my project list.…And again, you'll see that I have some projects…in the cloud, some on the device,…just like we saw on the Android app.…I've got a little red exclamation mark there,…telling me that my project is out of sync.…So I'm gonna tap on update and let it download the updates…and bring the files on my iPad current…with the files that are in the cloud.…
When that progress bar is done,…I'm gonna tap on the project again to open it up.…And just like the Android app,…it brings me straight to my sheet view.…This is where I'm gonna do my navigation from.…So the menu bar here on the iPad…is located across the bottom of the screen,…as opposed to the left side of the screen,…like it is in the Windows or the web app.…And you can see, I have my sheets view.…I can tap on documents to view my documents.…I have issues, and if I tap the three dots for more,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.