Jim demonstrates the features of the Windows app for PlanGrid and shows features that are unique to the Windows app as well as the different ways of applying markups and navigating PlanGrid from the Windows app.
- [Instructor] At this point in the course,…you've seen how to set up a project in PlanGrid,…how to add plan sheets, mark them up,…and create issues and RFIs.…Now, I've shown you most of this using PlanGrid's web app,…although we did take brief look at the Windows app…and the Android app to show you a couple of the features…that are not available in the web app,…and I showed you how to use the mobile apps…to take the project files offline as well.…Now, I wanna take a few minutes to open each of the apps…and point out a few of the differences…in the user interfaces, so that you understand…how to apply all of the skills and tools…that I've shown you in the web app,…but in each of the different apps themselves.…
Now, I'll start here by switching to the Windows app.…Now, the first thing that happens when we pull this up,…you're seeing this from where we left off…earlier in the course, but we now have a message at the top…that says this project is outdated.…You're working from an older version…than the rest of the team.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.