In this video, Jim shows the PlanGrid app on an Android phone and demonstrates how to use the Android app user interface to navigate, find sheets, and apply markups, and view issues and RFIs.
- [Instructor] I've switched over to my mobile device,…my phone, to be precise, so that…I can show you the user interface…and navigation using PlanGrid's mobile app.…To do that, I'm gonna tap on the PlanGrid…icon to open the PlanGrid app.…And you'll see here that it starts out on my project list,…and I've already shown you the difference between…projects on your device and projects in the cloud.…But you'll see here that the project on my device,…our sample learning project that we're working on,…has a red exclamation point shown.…And if I tap on that, it asks me if I wanna download…updates for this project because the project is out of sync.…
So, just like the Windows app, when we go to use…this program again, it's gonna tell us,…hey, people have been making changes to this project,…and the version that's currently saved…on your device is out of date.…So, just tap on Update Now.…Once that progress bar is done,…we can tap on the project to open it up.…And whenever we open up a project in the Android app,…it opens up to the sheet view.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.