Jim explains that a key feature of PlanGrid is the ability to apply markups to the construction drawings or plan sheets, and explains that these markups can be personal markups or global markups that are published to the cloud for all users to view.
- Now that you've learned how to set-up PlanGrid…and start up a project by importing your plan sheets…and your other construction documents,…let's take a look at what we can do with those plan sheets…as the project is ongoing.…So, I've opened our sample LinkedIn Learning Project,…here in the Web app, again.…And I'm going to click on Sheets…on the menu bar on the left side of the screen.…And I'm going to scroll down…and just pick A101, The Architectural Site Plan.…You've probably already noticed…that anytime we open a plan sheet,…there's a menu bar that's located…here on the right side of the screen.…
And this menu bar consists of the different types…of markups we can apply to our construction drawings…when we're out in the field.…And this menu bar is going to look similar…whether you are here on the Web app,…or you're in the Windows app,…or the Android or the IOS apps.…All of these same markups are available…in all of those apps.…So, in fact, I've already shown you one type of markup,…and that's the hyperlink markup.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.