Plan revisions during construction projects are common and in this video Jim demonstrates how to import revised plan sheets and slipsheet them in to the construction set so that all project team members view the most current set.
- [Instructor] This is construction,…so there is one thing we can be certain of,…there are going to be changes.…In fact, one of the biggest pain points in construction…has always been managing the changes…and making sure everyone's working…from the latest version of the drawings.…With paper that was difficult.…With digital drawings it's easy,…because everyone should be working from the same set…of digital drawings that's stored in the cloud.…And PlanGrid is built to manage…the different versions of those drawings.…And I'll show you how to do this…by slipping in what I'll call a revision one plan sheet…to our existing drawings here…on our Sample Learning Project.…
To get started I'm just gonna click on the Add sheets button…from the project's home screen in the web app.…Doing this is gonna open a dialog box…that walks me through the same basic steps…that I used to get those plan sheets…uploaded to my project in the first place,…with one significant difference.…Now it's gonna ask me whether I'm inserting sheets…that are part of a new version set…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.