In this video Jim describes the format of the exercise files and explains how they will be used in this PlanGrid course and where to find them if your account grants access to exercise files.
- [Instructor] If your plan includes access to the exercise files, you can download those files from the exercise files tab on the main page for this course and then use those documents and files to follow along with the same project that I'll work with. One thing that you should be aware of concerning the exercise files for this particular course. Those exercise files that I'm gonna provide are sample construction documents similar to what your client might provide you with on a project. These are the files and documents that exist before they're imported into PlanGrid.
Now, as the course progresses, I'll be working with and modifying these documents. But, at that point, the file will all have been imported into the PlanGrid cloud. So, you'll not see any progress copies of the exercise files in that files tab. Just those starting source files. If you're viewing this course on a mobile device, a set top device, or your membership doesn't provide access to the exercise files, that's okay. You can still follow along by watching how I use the files. And, if you're registering for a new trial version of PlanGrid, that trial account will also contain a sample project with file documents that you can use to try out some of the features that I'll show you.
Let's get started.
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project