In PlanGrid users can create personal projects and organizational projects. In this video Jim demonstrates setting up a new construction project in PlanGrid.
- [Instructor] Let's take a look…at how to create a new project in PlanGrid.…Now remember that to create a new project…you have to be in the web app…and you have to be online.…You can't create a new project…using one of the mobile apps or the Windows app.…So to get to the web app I'm going to start…by going to PlanGrid.com and just clicking on Log In.…That's gonna bring me to the log in screen…where I enter my log in information,…my email address and my password and click on Login.…At that point it's gonna bring us to a screen…that should be familiar from the previous videos…that is our project list…where we already have our sample project…and that Jim's first project that was created…when we established our account.…
What I wanna do now is go to the upper right corner…and click on this box that says New Project.…When we click on the New Project box…it brings up a real simple dialog box…that just asks us to enter a project name.…I'm gonna call this our Sample LinkedIn Learning Project.…I'm gonna set the project status to In Progress.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.