The PlanGrid apps, including Windows, Android, and iOS, have the ability to overlay and compare plan sheets issued for a construction project. Jim demonstrates this feature using an Android phone.
- [Narrator] In the last video, I told you that there were…things that you could do in the mobile apps…that you couldn't do on the web app.…And the example I gave you there was searching…for text within plan sheets, as opposed to…just searching for text within sheet titles.…Now, I'm gonna give you another great example…of something that you can do on the mobile apps…that you can't do on the web apps.…And to do that, I wanna go ahead and open our sample…LinkedIn learning project again, so I'll tap once on that,…which takes me to the sheet page.…
I wanna go ahead and scroll down, and look…at our sheet A-102 foundation plan,…which I'll open by tapping on that once.…If you remember right, this is a sheet…that had plan revisions in it, so I would like to compare…this sheet to the original sheet, and make sure…that all of the revisions contained here…actually got shown and clouded.…Because you know in construction, sometimes when they…issue plan revision sheets, they forget…to cloud things and tell us what's changed.…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.