Jim explains that when the project is completed it is important to archive all of the information, plan sheets, markups, and documents that exist in the PlanGrid system when the construction project is completed.
- [Instructor] So your project has progressed,…you've generated lots of plan revisions,…you've added lots of markups to your plan sheets,…and now the project's done.…It's time to close everything out,…remove this project from your PlanGrid account,…but before you do that,…you want to archive everything…so that you can view it later outside…of the PlanGrid system.…To do that, you're gonna start here…on your project's home screen,…and again, we are back in the web app,…which is where we want to do most…of this project administrative functions,…and we're gonna go ahead and click on Settings.…
Brings us to our setting page that we've seen before,…but now we're gonna look over here on the right side…of the screen at some options for exporting things,…and what I want to look at right now is…Download and Export As-builts.…Now, I wanna explain what PlanGrid means by as-builts,…because that term means…something a little bit different to me.…To me, when I create a set of as-builts,…I'm creating as-built drawings or redlined drawings…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.