In this video Jim describes the RFI or request for information process and describes how this process can be digitized from directly within PlanGrid and shows the features that allow for tracking and follow-up.
- [Instructor] As our construction project progresses,…another common challenge is the need…for additional information, typically from…the project's design team.…We commonly refer to the formal process…of asking for this information as the RFI process,…or request for information.…This is another process that just begs to go digital,…and we have a tool in PlanGrid that can handle it.…To view that tool, we're gonna go to the menu bar…on the left side of the screen and just…click on the RFI tab.…Clicking on the RFI tab brings up the RFI log…or the RFI summary page.…
Now if you're following along with me,…your RFI log is gonna look a little different than mine.…Yours shouldn't have any RFIs created,…because I haven't shown you how to do that yet.…Mine has two RFIs created here in the log,…and I created those earlier,…as I was playing around with this,…and trying to set the tool up,…and what I learned and what you need to know…is that once you create RFIs, they can't be deleted.…So there's actually a good reason for this,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.