PlanGrid can store project documents in many different file types in order to store all of the construction documents in a single location accessible to all PlanGrid users. Jim demonstrates the process for uploading construction documents.
- At any time during the course of the project,…I can add project documents.…This is going to be anything other than plan sheets,…and if you remember from my earlier discussion,…this can include many different file types.…Now, this is probably also a good time…to show you how to access the PlanGrid help features, too.…So, for example, if you wanted to go look up…that list of file types that I showed to you earlier,…you can do that by clicking here on Help Center.…That's gonna open a new Internet Explorer page,…and it's gonna bring you to the PlanGrid help site,…where you can just type in some keywords,…so, I'm gonna type in document types,…and select from the list on Documents,…and you can see here, if I scroll down,…this is that supported file types that I showed you earlier.…
While we're on this screen…and looking at all of the different file types…that you can upload into PlanGrid,…I want to again call your attention to this warning here,…and expand on that a little bit,…and discuss what you can and can't do with these documents,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.