PlanGrid contains the ability to add photos directly to the plan sheet as another type of construction drawing markup. Jim demonstrates this ability and explains that photos can be added from the PlanGrid mobile apps.
- [Instructor] The photo markup tool…found here at the bottom of the toolbar…is a great way to communicate information…to your project team, and to tie it…to a specific location on the job site.…So I wanna go ahead and go back to our sheets page.…And to demonstrate this particular markup,…I wanna scroll down, let's pick our first floor plan.…We'll open the first floor plan, sheet A-105,…and let's go ahead and zoom in,…I just wanna pick a wall location in the house,…and I wanna click on the add a photo tool,…and I'm gonna add that right here.…
So I just click once, and it opens a dialog box that says,…where do you wanna add this photo from?…Now if I were on one of the mobile apps,…it would let me either select a photo I'd already taken…or it would let me use my camera to take a photo,…but since I'm on the web app, it's asking me to find a photo…that I've already taken, and apply it.…So, I'm gonna click on choose a file.…And it's opening up my pictures,…but in this case I want to navigate to my exercise files,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.