In this video, Jim demonstrates another markup tool available in PlanGrid that allows users to measure dimensions on a construction plan and add those dimensions to the plan sheet as a markup.
- [Instructor] In addition to applying markups…like clouds, and arrows and text,…there's another special type of…markup in PlanGrid called the…measuring markup or measuring tool.…So that's represented here in the toolbar by the…little icon that looks like a ruler.…And when I click on that,…it's asking me to open up a calibration menu.…So before I can measure anything,…if I tried to measure anything first,…let's say add a ruler,…it's gonna give me an error that says…first you have to calibrate your…measurement annotations.…So I'm gonna click on OK.…
What this means is it's asking me to find…a known measurement on the drawing somewhere,…and use that to calibrate everything else…that I'm gonna measure.…So, I'm gonna zoom way in here,…and this says this is a three foot wide…concrete sidewalk,…so I'm gonna go ahead and calibrate off of that.…So I'm gonna click, again,…on Open Calibration menu,…and I'm gonna choose the calibration ruler,…is what it's called.…And now I'm gonna take my cross hairs,…and as accurately as I can I'm gonna go ahead and…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Intermediate
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Intermediate
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.