In this video Jim explains that hyperlinks can be added to drawings to make navigation in PlanGrid on your computer or mobile device easier and show how some hyperlinks are added automatically and others can be added as markups on the plan sheets.
- [Instructor] One of the things that's really nice…about going digital and ditching that big set…of paper drawings and specs…is that I can use hyperlinks to connect sheets and documents…to make it quick and easy to jump from a plan sheet…to a detail sheet and back again.…One of the really cool features of PlanGrid…is that many of those hyperlinks…are added to the plan sheets for you…automatically during the import process.…Let's take a look.…Let's go ahead and click on the menu bar…on the left side of the page on sheets…and just pull up a list of our plan sheets.…
Close this to get a better view.…Let's scroll down to the foundation plan.…And we'll just click once on the foundation plan,…which opens the foundation plan sheet.…Now there's a couple of ways that I can scroll around…and look at information on this plan sheet.…I can use this menu bar here on the left to zoom in…or zoom out.…I can click here to switch to full screen…and just give myself a little bit more screen real estate.…Let's exit that.…
Or in my case, I'm using a mouse with a scroll wheel,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.