After setting up a new construction project in PlanGrid, an admin user has to import the construction drawings or blueprints, which PlanGrid refers to as sheets. Jim shows how to import construction plan sheets from a computer or a cloud storage account.
- [Instructor] With my new project created…and set up in PlanGrid,…the next thing I wanna do…is add my construction drawings,…so we can get to work on this project.…Now, the construction drawings or plans or blueprints,…those are all referred to here in PlanGrid…as sheets and you can see here…that we don't have any in this project yet.…So, to fix that, I'm gonna click on Add Sheets…from here in the web app.…Now, just a reminder, I really encourage you…to only add sheets from the web app.…You can add sheets from the Windows app…but it doesn't allow you the versioning control…that the web app does…and I'll show you that here in just a second.…
Let's click on Add Sheets…which brings up a dialog box…that asks us is this a new version set…or are you just uploading new sheets…into an existing version set?…Well, we haven't published any versions yet,…so this is obviously gonna be a new one…and we'll come back to existing versions…and new versions and versioning control…a little bit later in the course,…so for now to set up our project,…
This course shows construction professionals how to leverage the power of digital construction documents using the PlanGrid platform, from initial setup in the office using its web-based interface to use in the field on tablets and smartphones.
- How PlanGrid works
- Creating a new project
- Adding construction drawings
- Processing plan sheets
- Navigating through construction drawings in PlanGrid
- Setting up the issues list
- Inserting plan revisions
- Staying in sync in Windows and the mobile apps
- Marking up construction plan sheets
- Adding, managing, and exporting issues
- Using the mobile apps
- Closing a project
Skill Level Beginner
Construction Management Foundationswith Jim Rogers1h 38m Appropriate for all
Construction Technology: Industry Snapshotwith James Benham2h 8m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started with PlanGrid
2. Setting Up a Project
3. Maintaining the Project
4. Working on the Project
5. Using the Mobile Apps
Navigating with on iPad5m 13s
6. Closing the Project
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.