- Setting up a new account
- Finding friends
- Understanding boards and pins
- Following other users
- Creating and editing boards
- Rearranging and deleting boards
- Following proper pinning etiquette
- Aggregating inspiration or ideas
- Browsing and purchasing gifts
Skill Level Beginner
- [Voiceover] Hi there. My name is Justin Seeley, and I'm a staff author here at lynda.com. I'd like to welcome you to Up and Running with Pinterest. Pinterest is a really interesting service that's really gaining popularity, and I'm excited to share some of what it can do with you. We'll begin this course by learning the lingo of Pinterest, like Pinning, Likes, Comments, and even Following. Once we've nailed down the lingo, we'll move on to learning how to use Pinterest. First, we'll cover everything you need to know about Pinboards. I'm also going to show you what I call a showcase of example boards, so you can get an idea of how other people are using Pinterest on the web today.
This includes things like planning a vacation, preparing for a wedding, or even scoping out your seasonal wardrobe. We'll wrap up the course by taking a look at how we can use Pinterest on the go by accessing it via a mobile or tablet device on both Android and iOS. I can't wait to show you all the cool things that you can do with this service. So, if you're ready, let's get you Up and Running with Pinterest.
Q: This course was updated on 3/18/2013. What changed?
A: This is a limited update to keep the course current with recent changes to Pinterest. Justin identified four updates, which are covered in Chapter 6, "Using Pinterest on the Go":
1. Secret boards
2. Business account features
3. Minor app changes and refinements
4. Using Pinterest on mobile devices
iPhone Photography: Shooting to Storytellingwith Richard Koci Hernandez1h 45m Appropriate for all
1. Getting Started
2. Learning the Lingo
3. Working with Boards and Pins
4. Pinboard Showcase
5. Working with Gifts
What are gifts?1m 42s
6. Using Pinterest on the Go
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.