In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams shows how to add the Pinterest tag. The Pinterest tag is a piece of code you put on your website to track conversions and build and optimize audiences to reach valuable customers on Pinterest. Tracking conversions via your Pinterest tag can help you see and understand the actions your customers are taking so that you can cater advertising campaigns specifically to them.
- [Instructor] When you start promoting your pins…or running campaigns for Pinterest,…you're going to want to target the best audiences possible.…And, Pinterest has a great tool for that…and that's called conversion tracking.…So, first in order to access that tool,…you're going to need a business Pinterest account.…If you don't have yet, head to business.pinterest.com…and sign up.…Now, here I am in my Wisdom Pets business Pinterest account.…You can see that I'm there because of this icon here…and I have the option to visit my profile.…
But where I want to head over is to my Ads option.…And, I want to select Conversion tracking.…So, this is where I can setup and edit my conversion tags.…So, using this Pinterest tag on my website…will help me build up audiences that I can target…based on their actions.…So, these are actions like signing up for my newsletter,…buying a product, or viewing a specific page.…And I can get this conversion reporting…for nine different types of activity on my website…and we'll go over that.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.