In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams teaches you the best practices for creating and organizing brand boards for your Pinterest business account. You can learn strategies on how to use brand boards to communicate your brand's values as well as how to use them to grow your business using Pinterest. Boards are like a window into your business; learn what boards to create in order to achieve your marketing goals and create interest with your customers.
- [Instructor] On Pinterest, it's all about the images…and boards are where you save…and showcase those images which are known as pins.…You can make boards for pretty much any topic…and when it comes to marketing your business on Pinterest,…you have an incredible opportunity…to showcase your brand, products, services and ideas.…On Pinterest, your board are your brand's calling card…and you can see here on the fictional brand Wisdom Pets,…that the boards are front row and center.…This is my first impression…for potential clients and loyal customers.…
So let's talk about the main board elements…and how you can optimize them in your marketing strategy.…The first way to optimize your board…is to focus on the board name.…Make sure you create boards with specific keywords.…Your title should match keywords…people would normally search for on Pinterest.…Next is the description.…These do have a 500 character word limit,…but make sure to keep it succinct and catchy.…I recommend between 160 and 300 characters.…
When you write your board description,…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.