In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams covers everything you need to know about using search engine optimization (SEO) to drive more traffic to your website using Pinterest, as well as boosting engagement and saves on your Pinterest account. Topics that are covered include choosing the correct keywords, creating keyword-rich descriptions, and using other tools to boost your SEO in order to effectively market your business on Pinterest.
- [Instructor] Search engine optimization…is really just understand what your audience…is searching for and using those keywords…and descriptions in your content.…It is also about building authority in online space.…The better your authority and trust factor,…the higher you and your content will rank…in the search engines.…On Pinterest, using keywords and establishing…authority through your content is a solid strategy…to build and grow your Pinterest presence…and meet your marketing goals.…It doesn't take all that much to optimize your Pinterest…account, and much of the work I'm sure you've been…doing intuitively, but let's go over…how to boost your SEO.…
First things first, optimize your profile.…Pick the right username.…You can grab it through your profile settings page…and choose one that reflects your business,…and if you already have a business name…or used your own name, use that one.…Let's take a look at how that looks…on the fictional account, Wisdom Pets, on Pinterest.…Here I am on my profile.…To choose a user name, I'm going to select…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.