In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams shows how to run an effective Pinterest contest in order to boost engagement and drive traffic to your website. Running a contest on Pinterest differs from other social networks, due to Pinterest's terms and services. They value quality content, and that favors businesses that run creative and engaging contests. Familiarize yourself with the Pinterest contest rules so you adhere to the guidelines.
- [Instructor] A great strategy for boosting…engagement on Pinterest is to run a Pinterest contest.…Before you get started, you're going to want to read…the Pinterest guidelines for running a contest…as they're a little bit different than…some of the other social networks.…And you can head to the URL you see on your screen…for further details.…But in a nutshell, you're not able to require participants…to pin a specific image.…And you can't allow more than one entry per participant.…You're also going to want to stay away from any suggestions…that Pinterest sponsors or endorses…your contest or promotion.…
You're also not able to compensate or incentivize Pinners…to take specific actions on Pinterest,…so these are actions like pinning or following.…So, with these rules and regulations in mind,…that means that you're going to need to be really creative…in running your Pinterest contest.…This one-entry rule really changes the game…for running this type of contest,…so that means that you're going to want to ask…for the best content from Pinners.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.