In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams provides an overview of how Pinterest and its key features work. Megan explores how Pins work, including how to share a Pin, like a Pin, or create a Pin itself. In addition, Megan also covers how boards work and are set up, and includes a thorough overview of Pinterest Analytics and how you can track and measure how your account is performing on Pinterest.
- [Instructor] Pinterest is a self-proclaimed catalog…of the world's ideas.…And it's centered around the concept of the pin.…Pins are ideas.…So they can be a gift, a recipe,…an article or even your own product.…And they always point back to the websites…that they came from.…So let's take a look at how Pinterest works…from the perspective of my fictional Pinterest account,…Wisdom Pets.…Here I am on the Wisdom Pets business Pinterest account.…So it might look a little bit different…than your personal account.…But here we're talking all about business.…
Here you can see I am under the pins feed…on Wisdom pets.…So these are all the pins that I've either saved…or re-pinned from my account.…Let's take a closer look at a pin.…So if I hover over it,…I have the option to select that I've tried it.…That this pin works.…I can share how my experience was,…leave a note or a tip and add a photo.…I also have the option here to edit it.…So editing this pin means that I can choose…or change the board that it shows up on.…
And a board is a collection of pins.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.