In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams provides an overview of the Pinterest advertising platform. Pinterest has the ability for you to boost pins in order to reach specific marketing goals, such as boosting engagement and driving traffic to your website.
- [Instructor] Advertising can play a huge role…in helping you connect with people on Pinterest…who are likely to love your business…as well as your products or services…and Pinterest ads promote these pins…to help your stuff be seen on Pinterest…in a beautiful, actionable and interesting way.…Now, before you get started advertising on Pinterest,…there are some principles and rules…that you should be aware of.…So you can access the full details at the URL below.…First, Promoted Pins are only available in the US,…Canada and the UK.…
I'm sure that Pinterest is actively rolling them out…in other countries so be sure to check back frequently…if you're not in one of these three countries.…You will need a business account to use Promoted Pins.…I recommend using a business account anyway…so you can easily sign up or convert your personal account…to a business account and I'll show you how to do that.…Also, right now, you can only promote pins from your profile…so that means you need to create the pins…before you promote them.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.