The power is in the profile. In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams walks you through how to create and set up a powerful profile page on Pinterest. Your profile is where people can get to know you and your business and is a critical piece of growing your business on Pinterest. Megan shows you how to add username, the type of image to use for a profile picture, and the settings required for a business profile on Pinterest.
- [Instructor] One of the most important ways…to successfully market your business on Pinterest is…to have a powerful profile page.…Your profile page represents your brand and business.…It introduces it to new customers…and ensures existing ones recognize…and resonate with its look and feel.…Let's take a look at a fictional brand, Wisdom Pets,…to see how you can set up your own…powerful profile page on Pinterest.…Once you're logged in to Pinterest,…select your profile icon with your logo…at the top right-hand corner.…Here we are on the Wisdom Pets profile dashboard…and specifically reviewing the profile overview.…
First, on the left,…you'll notice the Wisdom Pets profile image,…and to the right is the Wisdom Pets name.…This is the name of the account…and how people will recognize you.…Underneath the profile picture,…we see the location, if applicable, for the account,…as well as a URL or the website.…To the right, under the Wisdom Pets text,…is the number of monthly viewers this account gets.…We can see that it gets 490 monthly viewers.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.