In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams helps you define your marketing goals for using Pinterest. Creating clarity around why and how you use Pinterest can help you create a sound marketing strategy and reach your marketing goals much faster. Megan shows how to use specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound (SMART)—goals, and provides real-world examples to help you create your own SMART goals that can help you grow your business on Pinterest.
- [Instructor] Developing a marketing strategy…can be as simple as understanding…what your goals are for marketing your business on Pinterest…and how you will measure your success.…Your first step is going to be establishing…your Pinterest marketing goals.…So what are your goals and objectives…for using Pinterest for marketing?…Perhaps it's increasing brand awareness and authority,…it could be expanding your reach…and growing the size of your audience,…or it could be driving traffic to your website.…
Your next step is going to be making those goals SMART.…So SMART goals are specific, measurable,…attainable, relevant, and time-bound.…So an example from the fictional account…Wisdom Pets on Pinterest…I could say that a SMART goal would be…for Pinterest we will communicate our knowledge…on pet health and care.…We will do this by saving one Rich Pin article per day.…The goal is to get 10 repins per day.…So it's very specific.…
We will be looking to communicate…our knowledge on pet health and care.…It's measurable, because we will be saving…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.