In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams shows how you can reach specific groups of people by creating your own audiences. Audience targeting helps you reach a more specific group of people, and combines the information you know about your customers with information Pinterest has about people and the way they use Pinterest.
- [Instructor] When using Pinterest advertising,…there's a way that you can reach…really specific groups of people…and what you can do is you can create those audiences…within your Pinterest Ads dashboard.…Audience targeting helps you reach…a more specific group of people…and combines info that you know about your customers…with the information that Pinterest has on their end…about the people and the way that they use Pinterest.…So when you use audience targeting,…you're promoted pins will show up in their home feed…as well as in any searches if you use targeted keywords.…
So to create an audience,…you will need a business Pinterest account…and you can sign up at business.pinterest.com.…Then you'll head over to your Ads Manager…and you can always access that at ads.pinterest.com.…Here you can see that I'm in the Wisdom Pets Ads dashboard…and that's my fictional account that I set up…for this Pinterest example.…So to create an audience,…I'll simply hover over the Ads option and select Audiences.…So here I am in my Audiences dashboard.…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.