In this video, social media strategist Megan Adams shows how you can build engagement into your Pinterest marketing strategy. Engagement is when people take a specific action on your Pins or account, such as liking, following, or commenting. Engagement is key to building and growing a powerful presence on Pinterest. Learn specific strategies to boost engagement, as well as how you can track engagement using Pinterest Analytics.
- [Instructor] Let's talk about engagement…and the importance of improving engagement on Pinterest.…So engagement is often a two-way street.…You need to give it to get it.…And it's not just a single interaction with your customers,…but what you're looking to do…is opening a line of communication over a period of time.…So we can measure engagement, especially when we talk…about social media by looking at things like impressions,…clicks, follows, comments, likes, mentions, and repins.…So why engage, why is this important?…Well, really, we engage to build new relationships…and gain new followers.…
And also, we are able then to build authority…and brand awareness that then drives conversions.…So this means that you grow the number…of followers you have.…They're really engaged with your content…and engaged with your brand,…and eventually when they decide to make a purchase,…they know where you are, how to find you,…and that conversion takes place.…So how do you engage?…Well, when we talk about Pinterest,…we have a lot of different opportunities…
- Define the most important element in a pin.
- Describe the Rich Pins Validator service.
- Explain how to add Pinterest to your website.
- Summarize how to set up boards strategically.
- Name some of the marketing tools you can use with Pinterest.
- Differentiate among the different types of audiences.