Join Deke McClelland for an in-depth discussion in this video The wide world of layer enhancements, part of Photoshop CS6 New Features.
In this movie, I'm going to walk you through a bunch of minor but much-needed…enhancements to layers inside Photoshop CS6, and I'm going to save my…favorites for the end.…So be sure to watch the entire thing.…Let's start things off with the Eyedropper.…I'll go ahead and click on it here in the toolbox.…Now as many of you know, the Eyedropper by default is set to lift the composite color.…So in other words, if I click on the model's forehead, I'm seeing the color of…that pixel as it appears on screen, subject to all the layers working together.…
Now in previous versions of the program, you've also been able to select Current…layer, which means you'll just lift the color from the active layer.…Right now in my case, it won't do me any good because I have an adjustment layer selected.…You can also lift the composite version of the color on the Current layer and…Below so in other words you ignore all layers above the active layer, or here is my favorite.…You can lift the composite color but ignore the Adjustment layers.…
- Enabling auto recovery and background saving
- Filtering layers in the Layers panel
- Modifying multiple layers at once
- Applying layer effects to groups
- Working with the Content-Aware tools
- Redeveloping photos in Camera Raw 7
- Creating depth of field with the Blur Gallery
- Correcting wide-angle panoramas
- Filling and stroking shape layers
- Editing videos in the Timeline panel
- Previewing 3D shadows and reflections
Skill Level Appropriate for all
Photoshop CS6 New Features: Brusheswith John Derry1h 42m Intermediate
Photoshop CS6 Essential Trainingwith Julieanne Kost10h 30m Beginner
1. The New Features
2. New with The Creative Cloud
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.