In this video, explore the settings of a standard brush tip.
- [Instructor] With the settings up here in the options bar, … we're only scratching the surface … of the possibilities that exist to adjust … the behavior of the brush tool. … Let's open up the brush settings window … to see what else is hiding there. … We find it under Window, Brush Settings. … What we have here is an impressive window … with all kinds of settings for our brush tool … and for the time being, we want to concentrate … on the settings under the Brush Tip Shape menu item. … I'm using a standard round Photoshop brush, … and that comes with a bunch of settings … that we can set up in the lower portion of the window. … This one here looks familiar. … This is the size slider. … And with it, we can adjust the size of our brush, … and the change is directly applied to our brush tool. … The next setting that I want to adjust is the roundness. … And I can do this either by clicking and holding … these little arrows here. … I can also make a numeric entry. … And I can also pick the little handles here …
- Setting up a digital canvas
- Using palettes
- Selecting color using the Eyedropper
- Fine-tuning pressure of tablet pens
- Adding a Quick Mask
- Trying different Blending modes
- Using the Smudge, Blur, and Sharpen tools
- Using the Mixer brush
- Dodging and burning
- Selective saturation using the Sponge tool
- Using the Clone Stamp tool
- Transforming selections
- Color adjustments
- Changing layer opacity
- Adding shadows and highlights
- Painting a foreground, midground, and background
Skill Level Beginner
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Settings for the Brush Tool
5. Additional Tools for Applying Color
6. Supporting Tools
7. Manipulating Color
8. Organizing the Digital Canvas
9. Digital Drawing
10. Colored, Digital Drawing
11. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.