Join Daniel Lieske for an in-depth discussion in this video A second view, part of Drawing and Painting in Photoshop - The Great Training.
- One big challenge when we are working…on a digital illustration is that…if we work in a zoomed state, like this,…it's easy to lose track of the…overall impression of our illustration.…If you are always zoomed in…on this tiny portion of our illustration,…you can easily lose track of the big picture, so to say.…The "Navigator" helps, but as you might notice,…the quality of the display…here in the "Navigator" is a little bit poor.…
The lines are a little bit jaggy, and this is not…what our image at this size would look like.…But there's another option for us…to keep track of the overall image,…and that we find under…"Window", "Arrange",…and all the way down, here we find…"New Window" for our active image file.…And this opens a second…window for our illustration.…
We can arrange it anyway we like,…so we might just concentrate on…this little figure here.…Move everything to a corner of our screen.…Rearrange a little bit, maybe.…And now, if we are working…on the details of our illustration,…we can see the overall changes…
- Setting up your digital canvas
- Controlling the screen
- Choosing color
- Working with brushes, textures, and the Paint Bucket and Gradient tools
- Making selections
- Working in Quick Mask mode
- Stroking and filling paths
- Manipulating color
- Organizing the canvas with layers
- Digital drawing and painting projects
Skill Level Beginner
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2015)with Julieanne Kost12h 27m Beginner
Creating a Digital Painting with Photoshop CS5with Daniel Lieske2h 17m Intermediate
1. Setting the Digital Canvas
2. Control of the Digital Screen
3. Tools for Choosing Color
4. Tools for the Application of Color
5. Supporting Tools
6. Manipulating Color
7. Organizing the Digital Canvas
8. Digital Drawing
9. Colored, Digital Drawing
10. Digital Painting
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.